2005 Johnson 25 hp J25TELSOM Drive Shaft Length

suttonc311

Cadet
Can anyone please tell me the length of Johnson part 0351149? It is a drive shaft for a 2005 25 Johnson J25TELSOM. I bought the motor from a guy who has both the short and long shaft parts (supposedly). He bought it with the long shaft and had it converted to a short shaft, but "kept" all of the parts. I am in the process of converting it back to the long shaft. Exchanged exhaust housings out and am in the process of changing driveshafts when I noticed that part #0351149 must have been shortened (weld is obvious). The power head splines match up perfect and the pinion gear splines seem to be good too. The power head splines ring in at 14 splines and the pinion gear splines ring in at 12. The entire shaft from end to end is 24 7/8". It looks like from the parts diagram that the two different size shafts use two different pinion gears. So, I am guessing he just had the shaft shortened to save some time and possibly money. With this said, how can I get a complete schematic (size and spline count) on the shaft? Who has an idea of which parts department would spend the time pulling these off the shelf and listen to my concern and measure exactly what I am talking about? No luck with Johnson/Evinrude. Failed to mention that the other driveshaft is too short and does not match up (spline on pinion gear) at all. Or.....did he take two different shafts and weld them together? Stumped to say the least!! Any and all help is EXTREMELY appreciated! Thanks in advance......:facepalm: