93 Johnson 88 hp - Trim works but it very very slow !

Hello iboaters !

I am a newbie and this is my first post. Any help is much appreciated !

I have a 93 Johnson , 88hp on my recently purchased pontoon ! Engine runs great but the trim is very very slow !

Just wondering if this is normal for this old of a motor and is there anything I can to to make it trim a little faster? Such as bleed/top off the fluid or any other tricks ?

Thanks ! Once again any help is very much appreciated !

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 93 Johnson 88 hp - Trim works but it very very slow !

I would raise the trim as high up as it will go. Now top off the fluid. Cycle 5 to 6 times, back to the fully up position. Top up again. Cycle 5 to 6 times.

Contine doing this until you can no longer fill it. Then you are all done.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

If the fluid trick doesn't do it you may have some electrical connection probs.

I would raise the trim as high up as it will go. Now top off the fluid. Cycle 5 to 6 times, back to the fully up position. Top up again. Cycle 5 to 6 times.

Contine doing this until you can no longer fill it. Then you are all done.

Thanks HighTrim - Any recommendation on what oil to use ? If any are better than another ?

If the fluid trick doesn't do it you may have some electrical connection probs.

I have suspected that as well, I have noticed that once the batterie starts to drain a bitthe trim doesn't work at all , I haveto switch to both batteries.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot the connection prob ? Also , I forgot to say . The Trim switch is looks like they stole a window switch out of an old cadillac , Pretty sure it is a car window switch. I will be replacing that this weekend.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Check all the electrical connections in the t/t system for being coroeded or loose.