• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old threads or hijack existing threads. Old threads of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old threads should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone elseís thread (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the thread is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old thread.

5. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís thread. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread.

7. Posting at the end of any thread is considered to be hijacking the original posters thread which in turn subjects the thread to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive thread asking you not to reply to old threads. The Red banner will read: Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1957 evinrude 10 hp, fuel pump conversion

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 evinrude 10 hp, fuel pump conversion

has anyone had success with a mikuni or b&s pump converting a 10hp ? or is there a better option to convert to single line for the 10 ?
    give a man a fish, and he will eat all day. teach a man how to fish, and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer.

Re: 1957 evinrude 10 hp, fuel pump conversion

Ive done 3 or 4 of the 10s with the Mikuni. Fits under the carb unlike the smaller hp motors.
    Chris

Top Secret Files:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=299680

Comment

thanks chris, did you use the rectangular mikuni, or the round b&s/mikuni? or would it matter other than ease of install? lotsa room under the cowl compared to the 5.5's!! was more worried about the pump keeping up with demand at wot.
      give a man a fish, and he will eat all day. teach a man how to fish, and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer.

Comment

NWCove for what its worth I did one last year it was a 55 15 hp evinrude and I used the B/S that I got from the local lawnmower shop. Works like a champ..Been out in it at least a dozen all day fishing trips since not any problems one...

Comment

I am fairly certain I used the rectangular Mikuni on the QDs. I dont think I personally tried a BS, not to say it will not work though.
          Chris

Top Secret Files:

Comment

thanks guys, not sure which pump i will use, but its good to know either option will feed enough fuel.

Comment

want pictures of a Mikuni job ?? drop me a email Montreal QC
              I did a FD 15hp with a Mikuni... works fine
              and did a QD 10 hp with a OMC square pump... works fine also and...simpler job to mount on a plate on a bypass cover (one hose less vs 3 )

Tried getting cheaper B&S round pumps in Canada to do a recent 7.5 Fleetwin 1958 ... ...no go
              It looks like a closed market and shipping $$ from USA is prohibitive :-(

Remember that any pump will need to be serviced one day so use the pump with easiest supply of pump kits

EDIT: No personal info allowed. Try PM
              Last edited by JB; March 5th, 2013, 11:56 PM. Reason: Email deleted

Comment

nw - Did a 10 hp, used the manifold nipple to power the mikuni. http://forums.iboats.com/johnson-evi...-a-533642.html

Pics on last post. It worked great last year, waiting for soft water.
                Despite the cost of Living, It's still a popular thing

1973 Starcraft 21 mariner that's no longer for sale & 1963 14' Lone Star Big Fisherman Repairs

Comment

Crosbyman I'm curious to why the B/S did not work. I have using mine since last spring without issue and I live on the lake. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow to be sure and post a pic. I wanted to use the mikuni pump when I did mine but none to be found here without ordering and I think they are definitely better I actually did order a mikuni to replace the B/S because I was skeptical of it but its still in the tackle box waiting just in case.

Comment

I got my round BS pumps on ebay for like 10 bucks, plus a few bucks shipping.
                    Chris

Top Secret Files:

Comment

I did not indicate that B&S pumps would no work I simply indicated I could not get cheap B&S pumps down my way because B&S dealers did not stock and were asking 50-60$ compared to EBAY finds at $10 ...enough to turn me away

Tried AutoZone in Platsburg NY....but they did not stock the pumps (I did see a AutoZone ad for $10 or so on EBAY)
                      Tried a lawn tractor shop in Massena Ny .... they knew of the pumps but did not stock them....??? strange for a tractor shop

My previous Mikuni was $45 and that was ordered from a motorbike shop.

I admit B&S EBAY prices are excellent but I do not have a PAYPAL account and a lot of sellers won't take credit cards and they shipping is limited to USA

Asked around for folks to ship me some cheappies ... no takers :-(

So my Fleetwin will end up with a OMC square pump (on order and will likely be a Sierra equivalent at $60 = taxes at 15%) bummer but at least I won't need the extra nipple and vacum line. Can't beat OMC square pumps for a clean fit.

When I visit States side again ... if I find a store with well priced B&S pumps I' ll buy a couple.
                      Last edited by Crosbyman; March 6th, 2013, 12:37 AM. Reason: to

Comment

what holds the pump in place when you do the under-carb mount? just ordered two mikunis today, wont be here for a couple of weeks tho.
                        crosbyman, post your pics here for future reference!

Comment

To be honest, it is pretty tight. Add that to the tension of the hoses, and there is no mounting required really. A little silicone wouldnt hurt anything though. I didnt want to bolt through the pan myself, but that is up to you.

There is more room in the cowl than the smaller hp motors, so if you want it bolted up, there are more options.
                          Chris

Top Secret Files:

Comment

think i will stick with the pump being side mounted and secured.

Comment

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

not sure if this works...here goes no picks on the OMC pump but you probably have all seen them om Frank's aluminum plates

Comment

Working...
                              X