2000 era Ficht Injector Parameters

daselbee

Commander
I have 6 injectors from a parts engine that I need to know the injector parameters to program an EMM.

These injectors are off a 2000 225 Ficht. They have a barcode on them that appears to be only the serial number encoded on the bar code. They DO NOT have the square QR code on the side of the injector.

If I have the serial numbers of the injector, can I get the injector parameters from Evinrude?
The reason I ask here, is that I called an Evinrude dealer in Orlando, and they said I had to buy new injectors in order to BE SURE I had the proper parameters.

I will call Evinrude customer service, but I was wondering from you pros that are Evinrude authorized whether you can actually provide the serial number, and get the parameters.

Thanks!

daselbee

Commander
Re: 2000 era Ficht Injector Parameters

You got the old EMM?????

Yes, I do. But that is the rub.....if the coefficients that are in the EMM are actually correct.
The thing I am trying to do is make absolutely sure the EMM and injectors match.
This engine is brought to me by a customer who recently had it in another guy's shop; a guy that didn't even know that the injectors had to be matched up.

And, the EMM has been changed....so I wonder if the required matching was ever done.

Seahorse.....are you saying that the older EMMs were not programmed with PC software? I have verified/changed injectors on 2002 thru 2005 Fichts by using the software and inputting the parameters manually. Are the older ones not done the same way?

I know of DFI.....I plan to call them call them and see what they say, just haven't done it yet.

Evinrude customer service says they won't give me the parameters. That implies that they DO have them, but that they won't give them out.:blue:

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

OEM parameters cannot be given out, only ones from known service replacement injectors.

If your EMM has the same coefficients as the 6 injectors do, then make sure they are put in the exact same cylinders as the EMM has in memory. It would be best to have the injectors gone through by DFI as if one is lean, plugged, damaged internally, etc. you can "burn" a piston.

Talk to DFI and they will tell you the same.

daselbee

Commander

Oh I see.....ones they are unsure of, used ones, who knows what ones, they will not give out the parameters. I see.

Thanks for the words. I know the dangers of mismatched injectors.
I guess if the serial numbers match in the EMM, maybe the previous services have been done correctly.

But it is all an unknown at this point. DFI will get a call tomorrow.

Thx Seahorse, Fazt.

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Of course BRP has the parameters of every injector (compensated) that have ever been produced by OMC/BRP. They won't give them to you because they don't know if the parameters actually exist anymore (dirt, crap in the injector, or physical damage) and they don't want the liability of your engine tearing itself apart.

If this is for your engine and not a customers (because of your post I believe you to be in the outboard service field) Go ahead and try the DFI route. I wouldn't put myself in a jam for taking the chance with a customers boat. For myself I have lost confidence in DFI from bad experiences in the past few years.

I do know that DI engines (distinct from Ficht and Etec) tear themselves up at the drop of a hat. Sure the injector tests okay for the moment, but if it has damage from water, etc. It may just decide to take a crap at a later date.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Hey daselbee, if you got the old EMM and numbers match and think its correct go for it as them injectors are near a grand a piece..

daselbee

Commander

Fazt...the guy that owns the engine is very disgusted with the engine as a whole. Three EMMs in it's history, according to him.
So, if he comes back, I will read the injector params and record them on paper so at least we have SOME kind of starting point, even though we cannot actually verify whether they are accurate.

If this was a 2002 and above injector with the square QR code on the label...piece of cake to get the parameters.

But these have the bar code.

Just for your info, when cold, the engine starts with a very sh***ty idle. As the circuits in the EMM warm, the failure changes to no start, with three lights on the tach ON at all times. The brown wire EMM signal that controls ground to the fuel pump, and the start delay relay never goes active. Again three lights lit on tach. So, EMM is bad, to me.

You know....multimech posted that they wouldn't give out parameters because they could not be sure that the parameters would still be accurate for the injector. They didn't want the risk. OK....I buy that...but why then would they go ahead and code the parameters into the label of the newer model injectors?
Wouldn't the parameters still be subject to inaccuracy due to injector damage too? There is something else going on here....maybe they just want to sell injectors...maybe that is just that simple.

Also, I find it very difficult to believe that they would not give the info to an authorized service dealer. Shop gets an engine in, and wants to go thru everything....they would naturally want to verify that the inj parameters matched what was in the EMM.....but 'Rude won't give them out? Automatic sale of 6 new injectors, because "We cannot verify if the EMM is coded properly."

Seems like a racket.