2003 johnson 90hp 4 stroke cooling system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackmott

Recruit
i have a 2003 90HP Johnson outboard. I was wondering about the cooling system and the "P"stream I should see when the engine is running. There are 2 ports on the back of the engine, one is plugged and the other is open. It blows out air when the engine is running. Shouldn't there be a visible stream of water somewhere to assure water pump/impeller are working? i see nothing. The engine runs great and ive had it out a few times but every outboard i have ever seen has a visible stream of water... Thanks

Jasonnewhouse

Recruit
i have a 2003 90HP Johnson outboard. I was wondering about the cooling system and the "P"stream I should see when the engine is running. There are 2 ports on the back of the engine, one is plugged and the other is open. It blows out air when the engine is running. Shouldn't there be a visible stream of water somewhere to assure water pump/impeller are working? i see nothing. The engine runs great and ive had it out a few times but every outboard i have ever seen has a visible stream of water... Thanks
I have same issue on a motor I recently purchased. Any help would be appreciated

MOD EDIT: Please review the forum rule about posting to old threads. This thread is 10 years old. Closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.