Evinrude Junior ???, how to repair pull cord coil spring.

lobster30

Recruit
Hi All,
I am new to the forums and i sure could use some advice on repairing a starter cord recoil spring, for an evinrude junior.

I have an evinrude junior, model EJRCUA, that was running well, but apparently the starter cord recoil spring has sprung on it, and i can't seem to figure out which screws to remove in order to get the engine cover off, so i can see about possibly rewinding or fixing that spring (if thats even possible ?).

The retaining screw for the starter cord mechanism on the top of the motor apparently loosened or backed out, while i was test running the engine last night. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i have no time or money to bring it somewhere to get fixed. Thanks.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude Junior ???, how to repair pull cord coil spring.

As far as removing the manual starter from the engine.... simply look closely and you'll see the retaining bolts.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the instructions from the OMC service manual to repair the starter. (Joe Reeves)

lobster30

Recruit
Re: Evinrude Junior ???, how to repair pull cord coil spring.

As far as removing the manual starter from the engine.... simply look closely and you'll see the retaining bolts.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the instructions from the OMC service manual to repair the starter. (Joe Reeves)

Thanks, I just wound up going at it, and was able to figure it out and fix it myself. I have tested it a couple of times and it starts up and seems to work ok. Thanks though, i appreciate the reply back.