1999 Evinrude 8HP 4 Stroke (E8R4EEM) What kinda of oil and how much?

TaperSteve

Cadet
I'm almost done rebuilding my motor and I need to figure out how much oil it takes (oil change) and what kind to use. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks....

Steve

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1999 Evinrude 8HP 4 Stroke (E8R4EEM) What kinda of oil and how much?

33.8 fl oz........High detergent SAE/10W-30 SG or SH mtr oil...... When filling keep the the oil level between the L and F mark on the dip stick. Now go buy an OEM factory service manual so I don't have to type so much, LOL........... :joyous:

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Well, how did it turn out ??????

TaperSteve

Cadet

I hit a snag... I accidently broke off one of the connecting rod bolts when I started putting the crank case back together so now I'm playing the waiting game for a new connecting rod to arrive. Hopefully it gets here early next week so I can get this thing back together. Thanks again for answering all my questions I really appreciate your time and help!

TS

dufus2

Recruit

As my name implies, I am a dufus on more than one count. First, this is my first foray into a forum and second, I added two stroke oil to the oil resevoir in my Mom's 2012 Evinrude 9.8 four stroke outboard. It has not been turned over after my mistake and I planned on simply siphoning out all the oil via the resevoir and then dipstick (maybe this would have been a better name for me) hole, then re-filling with appropriate oil. My questions are: 1) is there simply an oil drain plug to make the job easier, and 2) will this be sufficient or do I need to somehow flush the system. Thanks.