Lifting a 1998 25 hp Evinrude elec start tiller steering

jcfitzgerald

Seaman Apprentice
Are there lift points on this motor? I don't want to hurt my back lifting it off the boat by hand. What's the recommended hoisting procedure? I want to put on a small motor temporarily for local HP limited lakes.

series60

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lifting a 1998 25 hp Evinrude elec start tiller steering

Are there lift points on this motor? I don't want to hurt my back lifting it off the boat by hand. What's the recommended hoisting procedure? I want to put on a small motor temporarily for local HP limited lakes.

Don't know about your vintage of 25 but my doesn't have any lifting points so to remove my 25 I use a two lifting straps cris-crossed under the engine and an overhead block and tackle. Mines a long shaft 1979 and weighs in around 120# so I understand not wanting to hurt the ole back.

jcfitzgerald

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Lifting a 1998 25 hp Evinrude elec start tiller steering

Don't know about your vintage of 25 but my doesn't have any lifting points so to remove my 25 I use a two lifting straps cris-crossed under the engine and an overhead block and tackle. Mines a long shaft 1979 and weighs in around 120# so I understand not wanting to hurt the ole back.

It is a twin cylinder model with electric start option and short shaft. No power trim. Wonder what the weight is?