Evinrude Throttle Control - Got one?

lilpig

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1953 15hp Evinrude - 15012 that I'm looking for a throttle control for.

Anyone ever see one before? Looks like there's a spot to hook one up to.

Even if you don't have an extra one but have one on your's please send me a pic and I might be able to make one.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: Evinrude Throttle Control - Got one?

On either side of your motor there will be a small rectangular block with one threaded hole and one small nub. The rectangular block is approximately an inch tall, 3/4 inch wide. These are mounting bosses for the throttle and shift cable clips.

A period correct control will have two handles, one for throttle, one for shift, and likely have the word "Simplex" on it. Newer "rectangular" Simplex controls will work, too, although they may take a slightly different cable. Depending on whether you end up with brass barrel nuts or plastic barrel nuts on your cables will determine which style clips you need to attach them to the motor as there are two different sizes.

Attachments

• ThrottleClips_1474.jpg
    ThrottleClips_1474.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 0
  • EvinrudeBlackSimplexControls_1374.jpg
    EvinrudeBlackSimplexControls_1374.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 0

lilpig

Seaman Apprentice

That's what I'm looking for! Thanks Chinewalker for the pics. The motor already has the hardware on it. Now just to find the control.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Tons around.

Post a wanted ad at aomci.org in the webvertize and a local member to you will help you out.

Geesh I think I have 5 or 6 15012's, I dunno where I got them all.

nwcove

Admiral

just sold a complete set of 1957 controls, with steering wheel ,that came with a 10hp i picked up. google doug penn, and touch base with him, great guy, and wont sell you any junk. definitely worth an email.

lilpig

Seaman Apprentice

Nwcove, how much do they sell for?

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Try to find one with the cables still attached. Not that you want to use the old cables, but the chances that you will get the connector pieces is better. If you simply buy the remote control, you many not get everything you need. Put new cables on it when you get it, they are cheap.

Usually about 50 bucks or so. If they are all rebuilt/lubed with new cables around 100. Just estimates.

nwcove

Admiral

DSCF2041.jpgDSCF2039.jpg heres the controls ,with cables and all the hardware and steering wheel with all hardware. i sold it all for $100. ( not sure if i did well...or the buyer did well, or if it was a good deal for both?)

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I have not seen many of those nwcove, the Elto remotes. Id like one one day. I have most of them.

I probably would have sold the wheel seperately, but as long as you were both happy.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I havent been over to the non repair forum in a while.

I agree with all the comments in your post, the ELTO controls are rare and would have fetched more than all the other items combined had you put it on ebay. They are not comon, and someone that restored an ELTO would have loved to have it as part of his package.

I imagine you may have gotten 150 to 200 alone for the controls to the right buyer.