Evinrude johnson 521cc 1978 25hp bent drive shaft. Will older driveshafts fit?

wooooody

Recruit
Hello, I have a 78 Evinrude 521cc twin? Model 25852C long shaft that has a bent drive shaft that i cant quite get properly straight. It is 1/2 inch but turned to a smaller diameter in 2 places which is where the bends are. As i live in the uk there is not a great deal of these motors around for this year but there are drive shafts available on ebay for the older 18/20/25 motors that have the same split type non through prop older gearcase. My question is although they have different part numbers, the drive pin and splines on each end look the same so could i use an older type driveshaft? The top has the 4 grooves for the crankshaft and the bottom 11 with a pin hole for the impeller. It measures 31 and 1/16 inches long. The pin hole is 20.75cm or 8inch and 3/16 from the base. Im hoping the difference is only that the older shafts are different in that they dont appear to be turned down to a smaller diameter and not have different measurements.
The bent drive shaft has killed the main bearings so really want to put a decent one in.
Thank you