should an evinrude intruder 150 have this?

gonefishin485

Petty Officer 2nd Class
so i did some work for a guy and he paid me with this motor on a piece of junk bay boat, the motor runs, but heres the thing im curious about. its a 1991 evinrude intruder 150 and if you look, there seems to be a square exhaust relief port on the lower part of the center section, like a racing motor almost and it does have two big holes that go into the exhaust in the center section. is that supposed to be there? is that an aftermarket or a home made deal? did any of the intruders or fast strikes come with this?

ive looked at a lot of pictures of intruders and fast strikes and i havent seen another one with this on it, could someone enlighten me?

IMAG0002.jpg

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: should an evinrude intruder 150 have this?

Did you ever try starting it ?? If and when you do you'll find out and it's not supposed to be there.

gonefishin485

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i did start it, i only ran it for a few seconds but it starts right up and sounds healthy

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Was any exhaust coming out that added piece.

gonefishin485

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, I had some 32:1 oil mixed up for starting this motor since it sat for quite a while, and I figured the extra oil wouldnt hurt, I fired the motor up and just let it run for a few seconds at a time, and white smoke was coming out of the added piece. I talked to my girlfriend about it last night, I got the boat from her step dad, it belonged to her mothers ex boyfriend and when he got put out, the boat stayed. She told me he had that piece put on and said when they use to use the boat, it was a quick little machine. She couldnt remember if the ex himself did it or he had it done, but we have concluded it is indeed after market