Problem w/ Throttle Shift Cables 96 Evinrude OceanPro 175 - Control Sticking Problem

EHouseHead

Seaman
Hi everyone, I need your help... yet again... sorry :( I have a 95 Seaswirl Striper 2150 with a 96 Evinrude OceanPro 175 on her. I need to sell ASAP so I have been doing some work on her before I do and decided to put on a new throttle and new shifter cables. However, right after I put the cables on and went down to the water and now my throttle is acting all kinds of strange! It has been a little bit since I was testing it out so I don't remember everything exactly that was going on but I do remember when going from gear (i think reverse) and back into neutral, it would stick in gear for a few seconds still revving. Also I think if I remember correctly it wasn't going into full on drive and then we tried to adjust it then it would go from neutral to ridiculous high rev, there was no happy medium we could find. We were having other issues too that I cant remember. Is it possible that the cables could be causing all these problems or is it coincidence that this happened now and something else might be wrong? I heard someone mention some kind of shift seal or something I dont know anything about that though? PLEASE HELP!!

Thank You ALL so much!,
DJ:confused: