How do you reassemble an OMC Control ?

Byronol

Recruit
I have an OMC Control paired with a 1983 Evinrude 35HP E35 ECTS. NO tilt/trim. I'm having trouble reassemblig the control correctly after installing a new OEM ignition switch. I need to know where to SET the throttle cable as it just attaches via pin connection in the box.( it was not attached when I purchased the boat) I have the shifter in neutral and when I reassemble I can lift the lever to start but when i push it back down it does not appear to pull the cable back?(Even disconnected from the outboard) And I also have no throttle at the control to increase rpm or go WHEN IN FORWARD? She shifts into and out of gears smooth but A LITTLE stiff in forward. I also noticed the throttle connect at the motor is a bit stiff to move by hand to increase rpm or give it gas when disconnected from cable. I've cleaned and lubed everything I can to try and help cables..connections etc.. Anybody have a procedure to get this thing working properly??? Help!

Byronol

Recruit
Re: How do you reassemble an OMC Control ?

I have an OMC Control paired with a 1983 Evinrude 35HP E35 ECTS. NO tilt/trim. I'm having trouble reassemblig the control correctly after installing a new OEM ignition switch. I need to know where to SET the throttle cable as it just attaches via pin connection in the box.( it was not attached when I purchased the boat) I have the shifter in neutral and when I reassemble I can lift the lever to start but when i push it back down it does not appear to pull the cable back?(Even disconnected from the outboard) And I also have no throttle at the control to increase rpm or go WHEN IN FORWARD? She shifts into and out of gears smooth but A LITTLE stiff in forward. I also noticed the throttle connect at the motor is a bit stiff to move by hand to increase rpm or give it gas when disconnected from cable. I've cleaned and lubed everything I can to try and help cables..connections etc.. Anybody have a procedure to get this thing working properly??? Help!

Pics attached guys

Attachments

• control.jpg
    control.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1
  • control 2.jpg
    control 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The OEM Factory Service Manual has the correct procedures on how to do this.

Have you looked at the parts diagram on shop2.evinrude.com yet? That just might help.

Byronol

Recruit

The OEM Factory Service Manual has the correct procedures on how to do this.

I would have looked in mine but I dont have one thats why I ask on here:confused:

boobie

Supreme Mariner

They are a worth while investment if you plan on doing a lot of work yourself on your mtr.