Evinrude Mate Throttle Creep?

TerribleCJ

Seaman Apprentice
This might not be the right term for this and may not be addressable issue but I figured I'd ask. Is there a way to tighten the throttle armature at all? It is running good but the throttle slowly "creeps" backwards from fast to slow and then eventually to the stop point. Are they made to do this or is it adjustable? Maybe it needs to be greased somewhere? Thanks for any help, I'm taking it to the lake this afternoon and if its a simple fix, I would like to do it beforehand

TerribleCJ

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Evinrude Mate Throttle Creep?

Oh, this is a 1968 1.5 hp mate btw, forgot to mention that although I'm sure ya'll know what they are already. Have a look see...

I have another video on my youtube channel of it running until the lever retreats far enough to cut out

TerribleCJ

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks kbait, I didnt even notice that screw until you pointed it out on the chart. I snugged it up a bit and it definitely seems to be tighter, I'll know for sure in a few hours...thanks again!

TerribleCJ

Seaman Apprentice

Took the mate out for a few hours yesterday and had some fun. It was very windy and the water was very rough but I found a good area sheltered from the wind and ran a couple of tanks of gas through her. My gps had us going 6.5mph at the fastest which was a surprise to me. Its way faster than the 36lb thrust of the trolling motor I normally use. Pretty neat little motor that will come in handy when I'm sick of paddling. I even managed to catch a small striper! Picking up a 53' Elgin today so...back to work!