74 evinrude 70hp sift control box

67 cobia

Recruit
I just recently picked up a little 15ft boat to mess around with. The motor an everything runs great.

However, The boat did not come with a shifter control box. I looked on ebay and couldn't really find anything that would for sure work.

Is there a specific model control box i need to get?

Also the control cable are new and fit the motor fine but the ends for the shifter is just a metal rod with no threads or anything. is this the right cables?

any help would be appreciated.

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 74 evinrude 70hp sift control box

the end that goes into the controlbox is the stainless steel rod end with the lug & hole in .
the part no for those controls for that model 0279705 , you can fit later model controls if you know something about wireing its slightly different wired but the cabels will fit

67 cobia

Recruit

the cables i have are just a straight stainless rod and just stops no ends or anything

is this right?

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer

if its a 1974 model its got to have a rod end with with a hole in to go into control box the other end also has to have hole in the rod to go onto the trigger , gear shift , & carb , i think 1970 \71 models have just a striaght stianless steel cablle \rod in the caseing uload a picture then we can help you further

67 cobia

Recruit

yeah the vin on the motor is 70473m which should be a '74

Im guessing it has the wrong throttle cables.

Im trying to find a shifter and cables for under $100