What oil for 03 200 hp evinrude ficht

Specks22

Recruit
Ok I bought a evinrude 200 hp and had my mechanic rebuild it. The 2 bottom cylinder rings came lose I guess.. But I was wondering what type of oil I should run in it now.. He recommends me using smittys superS synthetic oil.. But that's the oil he sells. So I was seeing what everyone thinks of that type of oil or what else should I use? Thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: What oil for 03 200 hp evinrude ficht

Evinrude XD- 50 or XD-100. But your EMM will have to be programed for it.

Haffiman

Commander

Evinrude XD- 50 or XD-100. But your EMM will have to be programed for it.
No need to re-program due to oil.
However did your mech initialize the 'break-in' procedure in the EMM?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Sorry to disagree but you can program the EMM for either oil. Using XD-100 it will use less oil but you have to be sure you use it all the time. Have it programed for XD-50 and you can use either one.

Specks22

Recruit

He has it set for the first 10 hours it will use twice as much as normal for the break in. Would it hurt to use the smittys supperS synthetic in it? Or will I regret using it ? I would like to use what he recommends since he's done all my other work on my other boat and motor that I had. But if that's not what I should use then I'll get the xd 50 if i need to have that

Haffiman

Commander

Will strongly recommend using the XD-50 or XD-100 on that engine!! Ficht's does not quite follow the rules of carbed 2-stroke outboards.

82rude

Rear Admiral

i have a 2011 60hp etec.the computer automatically gives extra oil no matter what setting its on for the first 10hrs.after that depending whether you have it set for xd-50 or xd-100 it oils normal or in the case of xd-100 less.xd-100 is full syn,xd-50 is minimum tcw-111 rated dino oil.for me mine is set on xd-50 and for the first year ive actually used xd-100 oil which is the absolute best protection you can get and thats right from brp reps.now im going to go for penzoil semi synth as its still tcw-3 rated and 1/2 the cost of the xd-100and certianly less than the xd-50.even on the xd-50 setting i find i use less oil than a normal motor and have no smoke or smell period.now i know a etec is a much improved motor over the ficht version so maybe you have to make allowances for this im not sure .join the brp community at the evinrude site they can answer questions for you a lot better than here as its full of ficht and etec owners and lots of good tips etc.