wiring schematic for '62 Evinrude 40 h.p.

iggyw1

Master Chief Petty Officer
O.K., I have a wiring schematic in front of me for my 1962 Evinrude 40 h.p. electric shift model # 53993. I am looking at it very closely to see if I can trace out my wiring for my alternator on the motor. I see everything I need to know on the schematic to follow the wiring to make sure everything is hooked up correctly, but I see NO ALTERNATOR on the schematic at all. I see the fuses, the voltage regulator, the battery, the ignition switch the ammeter, but absolutely no generator indicated on the schematic. Can anyone lead me to a differant schematic that shows the alternator??
Thanks!

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: wiring schematic for '62 Evinrude 40 h.p.

You have a generator on this motor, but you are using the terms generator and alternator like they are the same thing.

40 hp wiring.jpg

iggyw1

Thank you for the schematic. Yes, I did write 'alternator' in my post, however, I know I have a generator not an alternator. That was just written in error on my part. I see the generator on the schematic that you posted for me, and I now see it on my schematic as well. On my schematic, it is not labeled as to what is is, but it has the yellow and blue wires attached to it and it says grounded to power head, so it is definately the generator as indicated on your post to me. I can now trace the wiring. Thank you!

F_R

Supreme Mariner

There is an error on that diagram. The upper cylinder's coil is toward the front of the motor, not toward the rear as shown. Electrically, it is correct though.

iggyw1

Thank you for the additional info.