Evinrude lightwin 4hp 1969 fuel pump

russell072009

Recruit
we have a 69 lightwin we got at a scrap yard for almost nothing and it runs .... kind of. at full throttle it will run. sometimes when it dies ... and it will die, the fuel bowl is full. other times it's empty. We have rebuilt the carb and it does not leak. The ignition, points and plugs all look almost new. We believe the fuel pump is on it's way out. I can not find a rebuild kit for it and the dealer wants almost $100 for a new one. Can anyone get me a picture or diagram of how the pump goes together? maybe the P/N of a pump kit? any other ideas on what it's problem might be?

Model number is 4906B if that helps any.

Thank You

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Evinrude lightwin 4hp 1969 fuel pump

sounds more like a sticky float needle than the fuel pump, but you keep the fuel tank above the carb and gravity feed to see if it still dies. if it stays running, it most likely is the fuel pump. or when it starts to die, squeeze the fuel bulb and see what that does.

Re: Evinrude lightwin 4hp 1969 fuel pump

we have a 69 lightwin we got at a scrap yard for almost nothing and it runs .... kind of. at full throttle it will run. sometimes when it dies ... and it will die, the fuel bowl is full. other times it's empty. We have rebuilt the carb and it does not leak. The ignition, points and plugs all look almost new. We believe the fuel pump is on it's way out. I can not find a rebuild kit for it and the dealer wants almost $100 for a new one. Can anyone get me a picture or diagram of how the pump goes together? maybe the P/N of a pump kit? any other ideas on what it's problem might be?

Model number is 4906B if that helps any.

Thank You

Evinrude does make a rebuild kit for the 4906B pump. Just bought one. $17.00, can get you the part # if you would like.