Evinrude 2001 250 HP ficht having the same problem

tony1224

Cadet
Hello .Back in May I post a problem that i was having with my motor.Someone reply and said that was a bad Stator.Can you explain a little better.I had the computer fix by
DFI Technologies, Inc.and still having the same problem.Can you explain a
little better.Thanks
Here is what I post
Engine 2001 250 HP Evinrude Fitch

"Hello guys.I have the this problem with my EMM.Mine start it having problems about 1 year a go.It use to run fine for about an hour and it use to shutdown the engine without warnings or anything.If you will try to started again the 3 light will state on and the engine will not start again for another hour"guessing as it cool down"

It have been doing that for the past year.Today finally quit and it took about 4 hours after to start again for about 3 min and them it did not start again.I hook it to the computer with the software and all I got it was a message saying that it was no communication between the computer and the engine.This time I think that finally had it.Any advice from you guys will help. Do you think that it is the EMM problem?Also can you guide me to where to send it for repair and how much do they charge for dealer BRP refurbish and where is the best place to send it basic on your experience?Thanks in advance for the help".

Please can someone help I am ready to call it quit.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: Evinrude 2001 250 HP ficht having the same problem

I had the computer fix by
DFI Technologies, Inc.and still having the same problem.

.It use to run fine for about an hour and it use to shutdown the engine without warnings or anything.If you will try to started again the 3 light will state on and the engine will not start again for another hour"guessing as it cool down"

Are you saying that you had the computer repaired by DFI and it still quits and the three lights turn on? If that is the case, send it back.

tony1224

Cadet

Are you saying that you had the computer repaired by DFI and it still quits and the three lights turn on? If that is the case, send it back.

Yes.But I am so frustrate it with the same problem over and over again.

XFILES

Cadet

What did they say the problem was with the EMM? The only reason I ask is that I also have a 2001 250 HP with the same excact problem and my EMM is @ DFI as well. In case we have the same result, I will also be looking for advice as well. I was told it was a faulty flash drive in my EMM. I should have it back in the next couple of days. lets hope for the best, because I cant afford to replace it.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Have you had a laptop on it to see what kind of codes come up ??