Evinrude E115TLEOR 1995 Spark Plug Wire Question

VJC

Seaman Apprentice
Just want to make sure that I have the correct wires connected to the spark plugs from coils.

Standing on the ground & off the boat, looking forward at the back of the engine:

The right & left sides of engine has upper & lower coils.

The top "right side" of the coil spark plug wire is connected to, I believe, the #1 cylinder spark plug.
The bottom "right side" of the coil spark plug wire is connected to, I believe, the #3 cylinder spark plug.

The top "left side" coil of the spark plug wire is connected to, I believe, the #2 cylinder spark plug.
The bottom "left side" coil of the spark plug wire is connected to, I believe, the #4 cylinder spark plug.

Can someone tell me if this correct?

Thanks in advance

VJC

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Evinrude E115TLEOR 1995 Spark Plug Wire Question

thanks

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer

also make sure that the wires coming from stator 2 to the left side& 2 to the right 1wire on the right side from the 2 will be brown with a blue stripe witch goes to no 1 coil the other 1 to no 3 coil
on the left side the brown& blue go to no2 coil the other 1 to no4 coil . because if they are not in the right place the firing order is out irrespective if you have the plug wires in the correct places

VJC

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you very much for your reply.
I will check it out Friday.

VJC

Seaman Apprentice

If the wires from the stator to the coil were reversed by mistake, could this make the engine's RPM's race (3000rpm)?
If not, what would be the effect?

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer

It will start but idle sluggishly , reset the timing trigger& carbs synco , more than likely something wrong there for the idle to race to 3000rpm