vintage evinrude identification/replacement parts

jcoryea1

Recruit
Hall-
I was given a lovely little Evinrude engine from,I believe ,the 60's. I've looked for the model #, but cannot find anything that matches. Underneath the gas tank,there are three holes which might have held an ID plate?
Anyway, the # on the freeze plug is :CO546021
On the engine block casting:381803D1 or it might be 38180301
on motor mount;310201
None of these seem to match up when I do a search. It has the single screw mount, tank on top ,Evinrude silver/blue and yachtwin 3 and red/white Evinrude decals. I'm too techically challenged to post a pic.. looks like one pic I saw from '67 ..
I need gearbox seal kit and carb rebuild kit. thanks in advance for any help.
John

lindy46

Captain
Re: vintage evinrude identification/replacement parts

Not sure when they changed to the single clamp - think it was '65 or '66, but any '60's carb rebuild kit for a 3hp will work. The lower units were made in two designs: standard and weedless. I think they were pretty much the same from 1953 to 1967. So find out which design you have and order a seal kit for a 60's model. The ID plate should be on the side of the transom clamp.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: vintage evinrude identification/replacement parts

The single clampscrew 3hp was made for four years, 1964 through 1967. All Yachtwins (JH-xx if a Johnson) have a right angle (90 degree) gearcase. The angled weedless gearcase was called a Lightwin. (JW-xx if a Johnson)

EDIT: Go to http://www.old-omc.de/ and match up the color and decals. Gotta be on of the four years I mentioned.