9.9 evenrude motor floods itself causing fuel to fill up the oil bowl 4 stroke 2000

Andre_Paris

Recruit
I brought the boat to three garages and no one seems to know what they are doing. The motor runs like a champ and after 30 min to an hour the motor starts to bog then stalls. Pull the oil dipstick and fuel poors out of it. I have travelled to garages 4 hrs from my home to try and fix and they all say there is nothing wrong.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: 9.9 evenrude motor floods itself causing fuel to fill up the oil bowl 4 stroke 20

Maybe the carb float/valve is sticking open?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 9.9 evenrude motor floods itself causing fuel to fill up the oil bowl 4 stroke 20

Could be a leaking fuel pump diaphram.

Andre_Paris

Recruit

I decided not to spend more on repairs so I started looking at the hole fuel system and choke system and figured it all out. The fuel pump diaghram had a hole in it causing the block to fill up with fuel, causing it to over heat and shut down. I have brought this to three garages and spent up to $2000.00 in trying to solve this problem. Why did the not check this out? Thanks to all the threads I read over the last month, I now know so much more about the motor.