I dont know what kind of Control cables to get for my 1963 28hp evinrude speeditwin

BoatgoatmfgVT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey Guys, I have a 1963 evinrude speeditwin 28 hp and i'm about to purchase a Evinrude simplex control box. Except, i dont know what kind of cables i need to get for this rig:facepalm: I dont know much about outboards and i really dont want to get the wrong cables. Could any of you guys help me out here? Thanks, i'd really appreciate it:D

Oh, btw my rebuild is in my signature

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: I dont know what kind of Control cables to get for my 1963 28hp evinrude speeditw

Okay here is the easiest way for you. Call ChamplainValleyMotorsports in Cornwall, VT and talk with the parts guy. He is VERY good.

BoatgoatmfgVT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I dont know what kind of Control cables to get for my 1963 28hp evinrude speeditw

Thanks alot Bob, i'm going to call him tomorrow. Looks like my motor is going to need work, i think my carbs float is stuck because Gas comes out of the carborator. I think the lower unit needs to be worked on too. Would this guy be reasonable to have that stuff worked on? Do you knokw of any good marine mechanics around where we live?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

You have a PM