Where can I get vintage johnson outboard parts?

jayo74

Recruit
New member here, trying to see if anyone can guide me in the right directions of some dire needed 75hp johnson super sea horse parts late 60's I believe. So to start with I acquired this boat as a project and have made it all the way to the distributor/cap/rotor and plug wires of which i was told were gonna need replaced as the wires are dry rotted and the rotor itself has been jb welded together at the very top. Believe it or not this thing starts and runs like this, but im gonna have my family in it on lakes and not gonna chance anything, so my question is where do I attain new cap,rotor and plugs for this old hog. And yes I know the obvious answer a salvage yard!!! It is a 4cy. 2 stroke any help would be appreciated as ebay has nothing and I would prefer new. Thanks all

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Where can I get vintage johnson outboard parts?

I'll be willing to bet, that a lot of that stuff is available right here at iBoats.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Some stuff is available here at iboats, but the cap and rotor may be a problem. First you need to identify what motor you have. There were two very different 75hp ignition systems in the 1960's. The two rotors look similar abut are not interchangeable. Some of the caps are obsolete. Your best bet for stuff not here at iboats is your local Evinrude dealer, or www.marineengine.com or www.seawaymarine.com/

yorab

Ensign

Look here at iboats. If they don't have the part, you could try Dan Gano at ganotech.com. I got oodles of parts from him that nobody else had.

kfa4303

Banned

ebay, aomci.org, marineengine.com, amazon, twincityoutboards.com are also goo places to start.

jayo74

Recruit

good info. thanks all