2002 25hp Johnson w spark issues

ONAKWEST

Recruit
New to the thread. Recommended by a neighbor. Thanks in advance for any help. My motor was running like a top until two weeks ago. Shut it down to cross a sandbar and that's it. Dead in the water. Had fuel, new spark plugs, but no spark. Brought it home and fiddled with it. No spark. A week later I took kill switch out of tiller handle and took red cover and spring off of it. Oiled internal switch, in case corrosion build up. Pulled three times and boat fired and ran good. Burned old fuel from carb for good measure and put it up for two weeks. This week getting ready to go flounder gigging. Put muffs on motor and it starts in two pulls. Shut it down and pull it to the water. It starts, but runs rough and find I have a leaking fuel line. Shut it down to try a temp repair to get me to the boat ramp. Will not restart. Paddle for two hours. Bring it home and replace fuel line. Have plenty of fuel and no spark again. Removed the kill switch to see if it was faulty and still no spark. Power pack? Just before it goes bad does it work sometimes and not others? I don't know what a 'stator' is, or where its located. I checked for faulty wires or corroded grounds. Everything looks close to new. No cracks or anything in any wires or electrical components. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

ONAKWEST