2000 Evinrude 5hp 4 Stroke Carb Fuel Inlet Fitting

Starfighter

Recruit
Trying to source a 90degree pressed fit fuel elbow for the damaged carb on my 5HP Model E5R4SSB. Nobody seems to know the specs of the elbows I have found online. Some Motorcycle fittings might work if sized to fit the 4mm hole in the carb. The other end is a nipple to fit into the hose. See the Bonanza webpage for Drag Specialties Fuel Inlet Fitting - this is the sort of thing I am looking for and it is very difficult to find anyone who knows the specs or stocks them. The parts in question are attached. Any suggestions where to go nextIMG_2136 (1).jpgIMG_2137 (1).jpgIMG_2138 (1).jpg?
Many thanks...

dazk14

Ensign
Re: 2000 Evinrude 5hp 4 Stroke Carb Fuel Inlet Fitting

Do you have enough meat in the broken fitting to tap 1/8" NPT threads. Then a straight barb adapter...or is there enough meat in the carb to tap that 1/8" NPT and then install a 90deg thread to male barb adapter.

Starfighter

Recruit

Do you have enough meat in the broken fitting to tap 1/8" NPT threads. Then a straight barb adapter...or is there enough meat in the carb to tap that 1/8" NPT and then install a 90deg thread to male barb adapter.

Thanks for the reply, Chief.
The broken fuel elbow was unfortunately lost during my travels (hence the late reply).
If I knew the manufacturer of the carb I might be able to get a brass elbow from motorcycle enthusiasts who use carbs from the same mfgr. Motorcycle drivers are better at repairing their equipment with small but critical parts and their suppliers enable them to get the necessary parts - such as: http://www.cv-performance.com/cvp-fuel-max-inlet-elbow/. However I cannot find the specs for these elbows. The hole in the carb is 4mm and the nipple fits into a 5/16" standard marine fuel line.There must be someone out there with a whole bucket of these fittings but I am darned if I can find out where...
The Evinrude / Johnson folks will only sell a whole new carb - at about $600.
I don't have the expertise to tap into the carb and put in a threaded elbow ( even if I could find one). The press fit seems to be the only option.

Starfighter

Recruit

Correction to my last: That should be a 5/32" fuel line.
Latest bulletin:
Sent carb to Specialty Carburettors in Toronto and in due course they sent it back, having soldered a nipple on the fitting. It looks like a pretty good job, and I am in the process of putting the motor back together.

Last edited: