$77 for a #$%@&** clamp screw????

Cowcharge

Cadet
From both Seawaymarine.com and shop2evinrude.com. What, did they have to send Indiana Jones to fight his way through some booby-trapped, pygmy-infested outboard junkyard to get it? Talk about price-gouging. At that rate, I should just part out my perfectly running '67 5hp Johnson and retire to a private island in the Bahamas!

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: $77 for a #$%@&** clamp screw????

I wouldn't buy that part new anyhow. If you look in the "Top Secret File" in the top of this furum, You will find a list of salvage yards. I would give each of them a try.

emoney

Commander

Ummmm....can you buy a whole new clamp and just replace it? That's crazy talk there.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

For a '67 5hp?? Hell yes. Should be hundreds available for a few bucks out there. If you shop right, you might even be able to find a whole motor for $50 - $100 in this badly depressed outboard market. Look on ebay too. Probably lots of parts for your motor at a reasonable price. Just type your make and model in the search engine and something should come up.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Heck, if you poke around you're likely to find a whole parts motor - with clamp screws - for less than that!