1984 e90mlcrd going from oops to worse. Really need some help here

pegs11

Seaman Apprentice
Bought this boat and motor about a month ago. Did some minor prep on it, replaced fuel, new battery and it fired right up and ran.

It idled a little rough and hard to start and keep running, but when at WOT ran pretty smooth.

The other day the remote control took a crap on the lake I took it apart and fixed it. Took it out on the lake and did a test run. It started really hard and couldn't get anything past about half throttle regardless of throttle position.

Tried some trouble shooting on the lake and managed to break off a coil post.

Took the remote apart and double checked everything in there. Changed the coil and checked and adjusted the throttle cable adjustment.

Took it back out on the lake and now I can barely even get it stated. And even with it at a very high idle as soon as I try to sneak it into gear it immediately dies.

The motor ran pretty decent before all of this and I just can't seem to find the problem

Any thoughts on what I should check?

Compression is about 75-80 on #1, but 90+ on 2,3 and 4. Looks like an aftermarket head gasket on there now so I'm guessing someone has rebuilt it in the past.

Fuel pump was leaking to I replaced it with a rebuilt one off my 1974, 100 hp evinrude. (vro was already gone)

I used a spark plug with the electrode opened up to check the spark on the plugs. They all had spark.

Any ideas anyone?