old logo help

neo71665

Recruit
I need help finding a clear pic of a johny logo. Its early maybe from the 40s or before. Cursive seahorse with a highly stylized S that had a horse head on it. Needs to be as flat on as I can get it so I can use it to draw a scaled template to paint it on the back of my cowl.

Before anybody says to go to XXXXXX and buy a decal for the year I'm not restoring. The outboard is a 70 johny 25 hp. All the emblems are busted so I'm doing a custom job and painting everything. Doing a mix of old and new, resizing everything fit. Anything I use will be hand scaled (pen and paper) and then masking will be hand cut. One time use for only me and I will not be selling anything. I have my seahorse(boat with a horsehead looking one), johnson, and 25 drawn out for the side. I just remember the old cursive one and thought it would look good on the back above the hp logo.

Thanks to anybody that can help

KillerKilgore

Seaman Apprentice
Re: old logo help

you can try this site
http://www.nymarine.ca/
and look at the decals and go from there.
at one time you could save the image shown and then use a image program and make the gray background transparent but he has put watermarks on everything so it may be a little harder to do.

hope this helps

neo71665

Recruit
Re: old logo help

Thanks but he was the first site I checked. I'm a noob on this site but have restored a few old outboards now.

Watermarks aint a problem. I print the logo, grid it with pen and ruler, then scale it up and down the old fashioned way. I can then scan it and do and fine work on a computer. Drawing is a hobby and I enjoy working on it over just clicking buttons.

I remember seeing the logo a few days ago but my phone battery died before I could save it. I wanna say it might have been an ad logo and not an actual outboard decal.

Thanks for trying