no fuel pressure

PGD

Recruit
I own a 1995 johnson oceanrunner 175 hp. went out in the boat last weekend and a continuous alarm went off at fast throttle.
even when i slowed down still had an alarm. saw that the fuel primer ball was "soft " and not hard like when you are full of fuel. Any thoughts on what it could be? by the way i just had a brand new VRO installed this spring. I know i must have a massive air leak someware. any help would be truly appreitiated.

Haffiman

Commander
Re: no fuel pressure

Massive air leak, or perhaps a stuck anti siphon valve on top of your fuel tank. The easiest might just be a plugged ventilation hose from the tank?

PGD

Recruit
Re: no fuel pressure

Massive air leak, or perhaps a stuck anti siphon valve on top of your fuel tank. The easiest might just be a plugged ventilation hose from the tank?
THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY!

I will check that out. One thing I did notice, when the boat was on the trailer I pulled the engine cover and took the cover off the carbs. when my son pumped the ball on the primer I saw gas dripping from the bottom of the VRO. I think it as coming from the vapor seperater , maybe the needel seat is gone ? Will take a look there.