1979 Evinrude 2HP 2902A Prop Repair HELP!

jacky2942

Cadet
I bought this motor last week and tried to adjust the carb at home. It started at first pull and everything seemed fine except little difficult to find right carb setting at highest speed.

During the high speed setting, the prop hit gabage can by accident. After that, the prop did not or barely spin even at high throttle even the motor was running strong.

So took out the motor from the gabage can and see what happened. The prop spun freely by finger.
I took the prop out and saw the prop inside was broken.
10.jpg
According to the parts diagram from the attached picture, #22 Clutch Hub and #18 Drive Pin (Shear Pin) are cracked and broken.

However, could not take the clutch hub off from the prop. It seems like strongly glued to the prop and so can't be removed.

Is it possible to remove the hub without damage to prop? or do I have to find whole prop with clutch and hub installed? Anyone has experienced with that replacement or anyone can help?

Any advise welcome.

Many THANKS!!

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0

oldcatamount

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1979 Evinrude 2HP 2902A Prop Repair HELP!

Take it to a prop shop. They'll fix it in an hour. Or, look for a replacemnet prop on Ebay.

jacky2942

Cadet

Take it to a prop shop. They'll fix it in an hour. Or, look for a replacemnet prop on Ebay.

Could not find the part on ebay. Also don't want to pay much for this motor. I seems like very easy repair work if the Clutch Hub can be removed from the prop. Then I can order the hub and a shear pin less than $30 for DIY.

Do you know if the hub can be removed or th prop (#19) comes with the clutch and hub?

Will Bark

Lieutenant

You can remove the hub only if you have a large hydraculic press these things are pressed in and must be pressed out; that's why you should take it to a prop shop and you can install the prop pin yourself. This is not a DYI job. Good luck

jacky2942

Cadet

I just successfully pulled the hub out from the prop and clutch by small plier. Now only need to order the hub and shear pin.
Thank you for help.

You can remove the hub only if you have a large hydraculic press these things are pressed in and must be pressed out; that's why you should take it to a prop shop and you can install the prop pin yourself. This is not a DYI job. Good luck