Can I Use My Old Chrsysler Tach With My new Evinrude 60?

74 supersport

Recruit
I have been googling the hell out of this but need the expertise of the forum Gurus .I have a 1974 starcraft supersport that I am going to be completely restoring this fall (oh yeah there will be pics baby! The current engine on the boat is an evinrude 60 hp,fresh rebuild. it does not have a tach. I recently gave my final rights to my rotten fiberglass trihull and stripped it for salvage. the motor was a 1979 or 1980 75 hp ,the tach and speedo are a chrysler gauge the tach has 4 switch positions 1-4 it was set to 3 for the 75hp. it has 3 posts ground, illum, AND "S" on the back of tach it says "all models except mag II" I am thinking that it will not be compatible but the gauge set is like brand new and is a pretty nice set I would like to use. also does anyone know which wires are for tach ,I am told there are 3,purple black and grey . from what I know the grey wire is the signal wire ,black-ground and purple I am not sure. I have heard there is a connector I can get from dealer which I will try tomorrow.