1997 50 HP Johnson bogging down

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdmomma

Recruit
1997 50 HP Johnson (J50TLEUC) Starts fine and sounds great in the yard. But once we get it to the water and under a load. The motor bogs way down when we throttle up and try to get up on plane. Doesn?t die, just seems to loose power like we throttled it back. We seem to only be getting to about half throttle. No missing or back firing. Compression is 120 on both cylinders.
We have changed the fuel, fuel lines, fuel tank, all fuel fittings and rebuilt the fuel pump ( non-VRO)
We rebuilt the carbs, replaced the kill switch, spark plugs, coils & power pack. Nothing seems to make a difference.
Please help I want to go fishing!!

Ed61554

Recruit
Re: 1997 50 HP Johnson bogging down

1997 50 HP Johnson (J50TLEUC) Starts fine and sounds great in the yard. But once we get it to the water and under a load. The motor bogs way down when we throttle up and try to get up on plane. Doesn?t die, just seems to loose power like we throttled it back. We seem to only be getting to about half throttle. No missing or back firing. Compression is 120 on both cylinders.
We have changed the fuel, fuel lines, fuel tank, all fuel fittings and rebuilt the fuel pump ( non-VRO)
We rebuilt the carbs, replaced the kill switch, spark plugs, coils & power pack. Nothing seems to make a difference.
Please help I want to go fishing!!

Did you ever get the problem fixed?

Troy78

Recruit
I have the same problem would live to know what u found or if anyone has idea on this. Mine is a 70 bro though.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same problem would live to know what u found or if anyone has idea on this. Mine is a 70 bro though.

Please start a thread of your own. Members don't always look at 2 year old old, inactive threads often. Look at the Help Tip on top of the page. Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same problems and what would be a good answer for 1997 50hp Johnson ?

Please start a thread of your own. Members don't always look at 5+ year old, inactive threads often. Look at the Help Tip on top of the page. Thanks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.