what are the wiring hookups for a Johnson 1977,75 horse ,3 cylinder tach? Thanks

elkriverangler

Recruit
I need to know what the wiring hookup is for a Johnson 1977,75 horse,3 cylinder tach.The tach is on the boat it just needs wiring.Thanks..

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: what are the wiring hookups for a Johnson 1977,75 horse ,3 cylinder tach? Thanks

How many wires are leading from the tachometer and what are the colors of the wires?

If there are no wires leading from the tachometer, there will be terminals on the tachometer and if so, what are those terminals marked?

elkriverangler

Recruit
Re: what are the wiring hookups for a Johnson 1977,75 horse ,3 cylinder tach? Thanks

How many wires are leading from the tachometer and what are the colors of the wires?

If there are no wires leading from the tachometer, there will be terminals on the tachometer and if so, what are those terminals marked?

3 wires....grey,black,and the other one is either broken or cut...If I'm correct it should be purple...They run inside the shift lever.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Gray Wire is the sensor lead. There should be a Gray wire leading from the wiring harness that leads from the engine to the control area. It would connect to that.

Purple Wire is the voltage lead (12v) and would connect to the "A" terminal of the ignition switch

Black Wire is a ground wire and simply connects to any good known ground. DO NOT connect that tachometer ground wire to either of the "M" terminals of the ignition switch as that will invite tachometer and ignition problems!

elkriverangler

Recruit

Gray Wire is the sensor lead. There should be a Gray wire leading from the wiring harness that leads from the engine to the control area. It would connect to that.

Purple Wire is the voltage lead (12v) and would connect to the "A" terminal of the ignition switch

Black Wire is a ground wire and simply connects to any good known ground. DO NOT connect that tachometer ground wire to either of the "M" terminals of the ignition switch as that will invite tachometer and ignition problems!

Thanks.I will get that done as soon as it gets a bit cooler.. Triple digits here in AL.right now.It's very possible that the tach was unhooked simply because it quit working.It is the original 1977 tach.

Haugesund

Cadet
What are the wiring hookups for a Johnson 1969,55- 60 horse ,3 cylinder spark cable?

What are the wiring hookups for a Johnson 1969,55- 60 horse ,3 cylinder spark cable?

Where do i mount the spark cable 1- 2- 3 on the strator. and on witch selynder ??
i kant figure out hvere to put new tread sorry !!

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: What are the wiring hookups for a Johnson 1969,55- 60 horse ,3 cylinder spark cab

Re: What are the wiring hookups for a Johnson 1969,55- 60 horse ,3 cylinder spark cab

Where do i mount the spark cable 1- 2- 3 on the strator. and on witch selynder ??
i kant figure out hvere to put new tread sorry !!

Top of previous page of left side..... a few inches down from the top. THere you will see in RED a message that states "Post New Thread". Click on that and post your new thread.