new BRP dash mounted ignition Switch (no markings) how do I connect the wires????

Pro Skiff 19

Recruit
I am putting new controls and wiring harness and ignition switch on my boat and the switch has not marking on the pin connections. I have looked in here and I think I know what they are now but my wiring harness has different colors in it than described in earlier posts. I have a yellow and red (neutral Switch) to pin S I think, I have Purple to Pin A? I have Black and Yellow to one M pin? and I have Purple and Red to B pin? and I have Black and White other M ???maybe??? I ahve Purple and White to C pin??? here is what I think the pins are from my digging... Please advise thanks My brain hurts from all the surfing!!!!!

"B"

O
"M" "M"
O O
"C"
"A" O "S"
O O

Will Bark

Lieutenant
Re: new BRP dash mounted ignition Switch (no markings) how do I connect the wires????

Give your motor model # year and HP and someone will probably chime in to steer you in the right direction. You probably don't need to be guessing on this. Good luck

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: new BRP dash mounted ignition Switch (no markings) how do I connect the wires????

Most OMC products have standard wire colors. You have most of them right. Solid black should go to one M terminal. Black/yellow to the other M terminal. Red or Purple/red (whichever you have) should go to the B terminal. yellow/red to the S terminal, yellow/black to the C terminal. Purple to the A terminal. Not sure what Purple/white is. You might look on the maxrules website for a wiring diaghram.