AC Delco Spark Plugs VS. Champion Spark Plugs

oldfarmall

Seaman
Hello-

Wanted to see what some of you had to say about using AC delco plugs on your OMC motors. I currently have a 1957 Johnson 35hp and am running AC M44C plugs. Also, own a few sets of AC M42K plugs as well. Haven't tried the Champion J8C or J6C plugs yet. Motor seems to run good on the AC plugs. My parts book says M42K for AC, But I read on Iboats that the M44C is a hotter plug? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Jesse

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: AC Delco Spark Plugs VS. Champion Spark Plugs

On AC's the higher the number the hotter the plug. But I still perfer Champs.

surrender

Petty Officer 1st Class

By the way, just saw Champion QL77jc4's for $2 at Advance Auto

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I agree with boobie, use champion plugs.

somesaytim

Cadet

Hello-

Wanted to see what some of you had to say about using AC delco plugs on your OMC motors. I currently have a 1957 Johnson 35hp and am running AC M44C plugs. Also, own a few sets of AC M42K plugs as well. Haven't tried the Champion J8C or J6C plugs yet. Motor seems to run good on the AC plugs. My parts book says M42K for AC, But I read on Iboats that the M44C is a hotter plug? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Jesse

Just my 2 cents a hotter plug has nothing to do with heat of the spark the spark is the same,its the plug and vhow it retains ,or dissapates the heat.people tend to think a hotter plug sparks hotter and that is not the case. Hope that helps someone