Evinrude 50hp exhaust relief smoke!

slyrzmb

Cadet
I need some help...I recently did a carb rebuild on my 1991 evinrude 50hp and filled a fresh 6gal tank of gas with a 16oz can of seafoam. I started it up and let it run for about 5 minutes on muffs and then shut it down, and then I noticed a small amount of smoke coming from the exhaust relief ports. A small trickle of smoke came out the ports for a couple of minutes after the engine was off. Is this normal? I don't remember seeing this before. I'm thinking it might be from the seafoam burning crud...but I'm not sure. Please help!

uberxj92

Recruit
Re: Evinrude 50hp exhaust relief smoke!

I need some help...I recently did a carb rebuild on my 1991 evinrude 50hp and filled a fresh 6gal tank of gas with a 16oz can of seafoam. I started it up and let it run for about 5 minutes on muffs and then shut it down, and then I noticed a small amount of smoke coming from the exhaust relief ports. A small trickle of smoke came out the ports for a couple of minutes after the engine was off. Is this normal? I don't remember seeing this before. I'm thinking it might be from the seafoam burning crud...but I'm not sure. Please help!

all of my outboards have done this , it is normal