Timer Base?

Woodro

Recruit
'96 Johnson 225 - What type of symptoms would you likely see if the Timer Base was faulty? Would it behave differently at low vs high rpm?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Timer Base?

Just what kind of probs are you having ??

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer

what ive worked out about sensors , when i did my conversion from distributor to timer & base , in the flywheel around the center diameter where the crankshaft goes through there are strips in it every time the strip passes through the censor for a spark plug it breaks the maganetic electrical field then sending a pulse to the power pack & in turn the power pack receives the current from the stator , if the rpm increases the strips turn around faster sending the pulse faster to the power pack , so i cannot see it make any difference turning faster or slower except that the pulses get sent off faster , my conclusion is if the sensor is not working there will be no spark at that plug , you can also change your firing order around , to get your bottom piston to be your number 1 firing piston , by simply changing the wires around .

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

What type of symptoms would you likely see if the Timer Base was faulty?
Intermittent spark on cylinders, high speed miss, no start and after setting fires up or runs and fails to restart after shut down. Also a bad center hub on flywheel can cause this as Johnrude had a tons of problems with this..