VRO2 Bypass

Dirty Buoy

Recruit
I have a 1998 130 Evenrude. I want to bypass the oil pump and add oil to the fuel. Can I simply cut and plug the oil line and disconnect the power connections to eliminate the warning signals? It sounds easy. What pitfalls should I be aware of? I plan on getting to the bottom of the "no oil" signal in the fall so is there an alternative to cutting the oil line? Please advise.

Dirty Buoy

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: VRO2 Bypass

There is a top secret sticky covering the procedure. The system you are about to bypass is a very good one. Is it having issues, or are you d/c it for some other reason?

Dirty Buoy

Recruit

The "No Oil" is sounding. I was hoping to deal with the issue in the fall when it's back on the trailer. Am I being lazy/stupid? It would make me feel much better if I was sure that the oil/fuel mixture was correct. I'll check the sticky but you got me wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

I would at least check the alarm wiring to make sure the insulation hasn't rubbed off and given a false alarm. Pump the oil primer and see if the alarm goes silent. If it does, you have a bad pump, restriction in the oil line or clogged cap vent, or bad motion sensor.

Run premix until you get it sorted out, or if you D/C the oil injection.