Troubleshooting Briggs Fuel Pump Install

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Ok, so a neighbour wanted this pump installed on his motor. I agreed. It is not labelled as far as inlet, outlet and pulse. I guessed, wrongly I think, that the lone nipple was pulse, the one on bottom of pic was the inlet, and the remaining nipple the outlet. Any ideas about this thing? Only good thing about it is that it is pretty small and fits in this AD cowl nicely. Time will tell.

001-15.jpg

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Troubleshooting Briggs Fuel Pump Install

just a very bad guess, but the bottom right nipple looks like its on the diaphragm side, and the brass mesh is to let it breath? kinda looks like the pump would be installed with the mesh breather towards the motor for its original intended use .

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Figured it out, posted in haste before remembering the old suck and blow test :)

For those searching this in the future, the bottom right nipple is for the pulse from the bypass cover, the top right nipple is the inlet and the bottom nipple alone is the outlet.

It actually works pretty good for those of you wanting to convert an AD to fuel pump. It has a low profile and actually fits in the cowl. I used one of the bypass cover screws for the top mounting hole, with a longer screw, and made a tab out of sheet metal that was held on by the lower 2 bypass screws.

Actually fits in the AD cowl, and works well.

AlTn

Commander

you've opened a can of worms now, HIgh...you may as well post the part no. for the B%S fuel pump as well as fuel inlet, outlet, and pulse i.d. no.'s...approximate lengths, etc. < j/k..sorta >

jbjennings

Captain

I just used the same pump (got it off fleabay for 9.99) for a '57 evin. 10hp and it worked fine. It was totally annoying about them not molding into the plastic the flow direction, and I had the same problem. Got the hoses routed right and it was fine. My installation wasn't nearly as pretty as Hightrims. I'm disgusted at his totally clean motor and fuel line clips..... :)
If that motor is original, it's super nice!
JBJ

AlTn

Commander

yeah..that's a "sanitary" installation

nwcove

Admiral

you've opened a can of worms now, HIgh...you may as well post the part no. for the B%S fuel pump as well as fuel inlet, outlet, and pulse i.d. no.'s...approximate lengths, etc. < j/k..sorta >

i agree!! and what was that B&S part #? :D