boat running crook

parramatta eel

Recruit
first time for this folks ,I have a johnson 55 1976 model it was running good then it started not starting then it would go then have no go then go real fast could it be the fact that i changed that little fuse on the motor there

FISTer

Seaman Apprentice
Re: boat running crook

Sounds to me like possibly a fuel issue. Might need to rebuild/clean the carbs. Or maybe the fuel pump is failing. If they haven't been cleaned in a long time, I'd start there. If that doesn't fix it, then I would move on to ignition issues such as timing, wiring, coils, etc.

chrome dome

Petty Officer 1st Class

mate, it's not going to be the fuse,
but from the limited info it could be something simple or something expensive,
how old is the fuel?
when were the carbs done last
has it got good spark/compression?
cheers
edit..
l'll never be a quicker 'typer' LOL

parramatta eel

Recruit

first time for this folks ,I have a johnson 55 1976 model it was running good then it started not starting then it would go then have no go then go real fast could it be the fact that i changed that little fuse on the motor there

well i am going to have it looked at on wednesday est i will post the diagnostics of the mechanic

archcycle

Chief Petty Officer

Fuses are blown or they're not so you should be able to rule that out.

parramatta eel

Recruit

well i am going to have it looked at on wednesday est i will post the diagnostics of the mechanic

well it was dirty carbies and id broken the clutch lever its running great however i still have my wiring wrong anyone have a diagram set up of a cruise craft rogue 76