Injector cleaning

war623

Seaman
Can anyone tell me a good place to send out Evinrude Ficht Injectors to have them cleaned and tested. I checked EFI and they want over $300 to check out.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Injector cleaning

You might try Flagship Marine in Punta Gorda FL. I heard at one time they were doing it.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

The only people I know that will do the Ficht/E-tec injectors is DFI tech.
hey want over $300 to check out.
Thats cheap considering a single new injector is close to $500

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Google fuel injecter cleaning and see what you find. I found some pretty reasonable prices.

war623

Seaman

You might try Flagship Marine in Punta Gorda FL. I heard at one time they were doing it.

I called them and they said they won't do Ficht or Etec. They are the ones that gave me DFI.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Looks like DFI has the market cornered. To bad you can't swear on here or I would tell you what I really think. GURRRRRRRRRRR !! Not to pee you off, but that's why I like the old carbed mtrs. No injectors, no EMM's and no laptops. Of course you also got to remember what your new vehicals are like today.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

I forgot to ask the most important question. Why do you want them cleaned and tested ??

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer

Have you checked with mercedes benz, they invented the ficht injectors for automobile engines and then sold them to OMC.

Haffiman

Commander

Why don't you take them apart yourself and clean? Nothing special at all. By a can of 'carb and choke' or Injector cleaner. Dismantle and clean. Nothing to 'adjust' just to re-assemble again.

war623

Seaman

I forgot to ask the most important question. Why do you want them cleaned and tested ??

I don't, especially for $300 an injector. This engine that I bought is a 2001 and only had 118 hours on it when I bought it. This sort of tells me that the gas sat up for quiet a while in the injectors. It runs rough around 1500 to 3000 RPM and I just thought it might be the injectors causing it. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at cleaning them for around $25 an injector but not for any $300 an injector.

war623

Seaman

Why don't you take them apart yourself and clean? Nothing special at all. By a can of 'carb and choke' or Injector cleaner. Dismantle and clean. Nothing to 'adjust' just to re-assemble again.

Almost all places that clean injectors won't touch them. I think that sort of tells me something.

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never seen ficht injectors blocked up with crap. Seen them fail. Seen them drop pintles. Someone else may have a different experience. Your best bet is to get someone with EVDiags to connect to your engine and change the richness/leanness of the injectors, in the water, with a load to see if they can identify one or more injectors causing the problem. I don't even know what model you are talking about. Also, have the same guy check all of your values for TP, system voltages and etc. The bogging down can be accounted by more than the injectors being crapped up. DFI is crap. I have sent EMMs to them and they have failed multiple times to fix the problems. They are more trouble than they are worth IMO.

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer

Thank you for the information on Provenion. I appreciate the correction. I was told by my former OMC technical support represenative that the ficht technology was purchased from mercedies. After seeing the link I only wish I could understand more german.

edlewis

Recruit

Thank you for the information on Provenion. I appreciate the correction. I was told by my former OMC technical support represenative that the ficht technology was purchased from mercedies. After seeing the link I only wish I could understand more german.
DFI tech is horrible.....never answer their phone....I think they went out of business.