63' evinrude 10hp Sportwin Loss of power in water

Ok, my 63 10hp sportwin, when its on muffs it revs up great and idles ok, mess with high/low and it smooths out, now switch to lake, or in tank. now engine runs smooth, but full throttle seems like half throttle, its pushing a 12ft alum john boat. I messed w/ high/low. I have spark, all new ign parts ( points, coils, condens, etc.) fuel pump seems like its working, pumps out fuel, So here iam, could it be the timimg bar that rolls over the cam roller? Could that be not adjusted, and how to make correct adjustments? Low is at 1-1/2 low 1/2. good Compression, its weird, it runs really smooth, but only feels like half throttle at full, I seen it do full throttle for like 5 seconds once, and it went back to half. Cleaned carb, new gaskets, no leaks, Any options? Thanks jennyandmike21@gmail.com. email if you would like!!! Thanks:facepalm:

nwcove

Admiral
Re: 63' evinrude 10hp Sportwin Loss of power in water

jmo, but it sounds like you still have ignition troubles. i.e its running on one cyl. check your work on the ignition, make sure no wires are rubbing on any moving parts under the flywheel.

I thought it would be that, the problem is my friend borrowed my puller, so i cant pull off flyweel until i get it back. But in the mean time, can anyone tell me how to adjust the spark advance and cam roller linkage? so it gets proper throttle at the right spots? and i also noticed that theres alot of air bubbles in the fuel line going from the pump into filter, then filter into carb, is that normal to get all those air bubbles? the filter bulb is always filled. Thanks for the reply NWCOVE

AlTn

Commander

if you have a filter between the fuel pump and carb...temporarily remove the hose and filter and run a piece of clear fuel line , or vinyl tubing, between the f/p and carb. There should be no air bubbles in the line as the engine runs.