93 johnson 60 hp carb rebuild...need to know low jet setting

Darth Mal

Cadet
I rebuilt my 93 johnson 60 hp...And I need to know the setting for the low speed jet next to the throttle linkage near the top of the carbs....mine were all over the place having been worked on before.....someone told me 3/4 to 1-1/4 from bottom.....? when I do set them how do I know if they are where they need to be or adjusted more?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 93 johnson 60 hp carb rebuild...need to know low jet setting

Set the static setting at 1 1/4 turn out from lightly seated. You will have to fine tune them with the boat in the water, warmed up and in gear to get the best idle.

Darth Mal

Cadet

Set the static setting at 1 1/4 turn out from lightly seated. You will have to fine tune them with the boat in the water, warmed up and in gear to get the best idle.

How do I know when they are "fine tuned" ?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

When you have the boat in the water and mtr in gear at idle and you turn them in til it spits back and then back out 1/2 turn. Do to each carb.

Darth Mal

Cadet

Tried the above and the motor runs a little better but still quits....runs laboring then just quits, doesn't act like its running out of fuel just stops....did a check on all electrical with cdi all okay according to specs....when it just about to stop I can push the choke and it comes right back up....been through the carbs twice......you can put it in gear and run it past idle drive and the motor seems to run fine!

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

What do you have the idle set at, 700-750 in gear in the water?

Darth Mal

Cadet

Around that....too keep it running...950