Finaly got everything back together!

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class
So my new to me boat, I went and changed the water pump, that lead to replacing lower unit seals, and that lead to replacing control cables. Thanks for everyone's help.
Motor idles (Model J150PXEES) at about 950 on the trailer, I know the book says 6 to 700 in water, is the 950 in line? It shifts into forward and reverse but grinds a bit, I'm assuming because it's not in the water.
The tell tale is a strong fanned spray, not like my old Yamaha that was a single pee stream.
So I guess beyond small adjustments that might need to made on the water I'm ready.

Also just to be sure, the multi gauge goes through and shuts off each light from top to bottom when the key is turned on and again when the engine first starts. Is there a manual somewhere for that gauge?

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Finaly got everything back together!

thats called a bulb check,and also a self test.you have a vro fuel pump first 2 lights are for oil injection and oil level. if no oil light comes on, shut it down.don't run it at all with out oil mixed into the gas. so always carry enough oil on boat to mix in gas tank to make 50:1 mix.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Finaly got everything back together!

If the tell tale has a fanned spray you may have some dirt in it. Start it up and push a wire into it and see what happens.