Help with ordering parts....

soccerdan90

Cadet
I am needing a head gasket for my 1973 evinrude 25 hp with model #25303A. Which gasket would work for it? I found the part # on evinrude.com but they seem cheaper on here so I would like to know which one to order from this site. Thanks in advance.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Help with ordering parts....

Well, if you found the part number, then buy the head gasket with the same part number here. That oughta work

soccerdan90

Cadet

Well, if you found the part number, then buy the head gasket with the same part number here. That oughta work

I couldnt find the same part number. Thats the problem. I need 0306163 but cant find that on this site. I may be overlooking it. Ill go back and look.

mark1961

Ensign

The sierra part number is 18-2962, if you cant find one here.....they are a smidge over $18 plus shipping at boats dot net, and its an OEM one.

livinfulltilt

Seaman

You can always make your own gaskets too... Just a thought. Im considering it, to save on wait time.

soccerdan90

Cadet

You can always make your own gaskets too... Just a thought. Im considering it, to save on wait time.

I thought about that and have done it several times on my old jet ski but the gasket I took off of it has metal rings on it. Im guessing those are there for a reason?

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

I thought about that and have done it several times on my old jet ski but the gasket I took off of it has metal rings on it. Im guessing those are there for a reason?

The metal rings are there for a reason. It is usually not a good idea at all to try to make your own head gaskets for most engines since they are sealing the combustion chamber.

soccerdan90

Cadet

The metal rings are there for a reason. It is usually not a good idea at all to try to make your own head gaskets for most engines since they are sealing the combustion chamber.

Ya I wasnt going to. The ones I usually make are the carb base gaskets. I will order this one. Thanks for your help!