Johnson J25PL3SSB Primer system diagram or pics???

johnsonryan

Cadet
I have a 25hp Johnson 3 cylinder, the tiny gas lines that make up the priming system have melted on my motor and i can't find a diagram of how they are arranged. If someone could snap a picture of the lines on their motor or if anyone knows where there is a diagram, this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
A stranded fisherman:(

hidef

Lieutenant
Re: Johnson J25PL3SSB Primer system diagram or pics???

There are two primer lines one goes to the upper intake and one to the lower. They are on the port side of the engine. The one going to the top one runs behind the fuel manifold assembly.

If you haven't removed the oil injection off of that engine do it. It is prone to failure the check valves in the mixing chamber fail filling the oil tank with gasoline eventually reduce the amount of oil the engine is getting. The low oil alarm will never sound.

johnsonryan

Cadet

I already got rid of the oil mixer and mix my gas 50: 1. There's six other fittings on the head that have line s going to them, three are one way valves and three are elbows, there is also a fitting on the intake behind the top carb and one behind the bottom carb as well. I need to know how all of these are arranged.

johnsonryan

Cadet

So how are all the recirculation hoses arranged???

hidef

Lieutenant

Good question I have the BRP Service Manual and it doesn't really show it. I can try to take some photos of my 35 later but it is hard to see how they routed everything.

How did all of your hoses get damaged?

johnsonryan

Cadet

Yeah I couldn't find out in my service manual either. it's hard to see unless you move aside the circuit board that's bolted above the primer solenoid , as for how the hoses melted I'm not quite sure, ethanol maybe, maybe one hose came off and created a hot spot?? If you get a chance to take some pictures of yours that would be awesome! Thanks again!!

hidef

Lieutenant

Excuse the quality they were taken with an iPhone

IMG_0043.jpgIMG_0052.jpgIMG_0050.jpgIMG_0049.jpgIMG_0052.jpg

johnsonryan

Cadet

Would it be to much to ask of you to move the ignition block out of the way to get a pic of the hoses behind it. I don't want to be a pain in the a.. but those are the ones I can't figure out, and you're basically my last resource before bringing it to the shop, which I always hate to do, especially for simple things like putting a hose on a fitting. :) Thanks!

hidef

Lieutenant

It is the three recirculating hoses to the powerhead that are behind the powerpack. It is raining bad her today so I won't be able to however go to seaway marine and use their parts manual. They have all of the hose lengths and where the go. Between that and the OMC manual that should get you going.

http://www.seawaymarine.com/pages/O..._USA_2000/CYLINDER_AND__CRANKCASE/24649/57402

johnsonryan

Cadet

Thanks a million I got it going and its running like a champ again!! I owe you one!

hidef

Lieutenant

Great, glad you got it running.

jondevos

Cadet

I know this thread is a year old but I was wondering if you would be able to post up a picture of the recirculating lines? I have the exact same problem as the original post and cant seam to find any diagrams anywhere as to the order of the lines. The primer lines are straight forward but the recirculating lines were melted so bad together I could tell which went where.

johnsonryan

Cadet

I'm only taking my boat out of storage on Wednesday so i'll take some pics for you then. Also the underlying problem was that the water pump impeller was bad that's why it overheated and melted my hoses just incase that may help you too:)

jondevos

Cadet

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually managed to figure it out last night. For anyone else that runs into the same problem, go to your local Marina and ask for the parts breakdown. It doesn't show where the hoses goes but in the description tells you how long each hose is and where it goes.

My waterpump is putting out a nice powerful stream so not sure why they melted.