2003 JOHNSON 15HP 2-Stroke Loses Power Temporarily

islands8

Recruit
My '03 Johnson 15hp 2-stroke has started a fit where it runs like normal at wot then periodically loses power. Doesn't miss or sputter, just slowly loses power. So far if you let it idle back down then take off again it gets its power back. Does this several times a day. Seems to be mostly after it warms up. Pumping up the ball does NOT improve things. Any thoughts?????

Re: 2003 JOHNSON 15HP 2-Stroke Loses Power Temporarily

feel the heads and water jacket cover when your running it, if they are to hot to keep your hand on you have an overheat causing SLOW.
Slow is a function built into the powerpack which wont let the motor run over 2500-3000 rpm if its overheating.

Scallen2112

Cadet
Re: 2003 JOHNSON 15HP 2-Stroke Loses Power Temporarily

If it's a carburated engine, it shouldn't have a SLOW mode. I just had a similar problem with my 40 Merc. It would slow down but rev up for a second when I pushed in the enricher at the key. I was going to rebuild the carbs, but when I started I found that the fuel lines and filter were full of what had been the lining in the tank to engine fuel line. The ethanol in the gas had eaten it up, turning it into a sort of plastic sand. Cheap and easy fix. I just replaced the lines with the new ethanol tolerant versions and put in a new filter. Check that first.

Topol

Recruit
Please help!!!! Good morning,I have 1995 60 hp evinrude seems to be running on two cylinders at high speed. There is a definite loss of power. For a short 20 seconds it was fine , worked all 3 cylinders but after 20 second went back to current condition - engine loss of power and vibration is presented on hightspeed. It idles fine. sounds great with high idle using manual lever. I have new fuel pump, new sparks , few fuel filter, new fuel hose with a pear. I will be glad to any ideas Thank you very much