Johnson 6hp tilt/run linkage question

rkosior

Recruit
I have a 1998 Johnson 6hp that was given to me. I was given a bag with some small parts that came off of the motor. After searching and buying just about every manual I can find, I've been able to determine that they belong to the tilt/run knob. The two pieces are the spring and the set screw. What I can't find is a picture of how they connect together. Anyone have a picture of what this is supposed to look like? Thanks.

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Johnson 6hp tilt/run linkage question

there should be three pieces, the part with the set screw that connects to the tilt run knob shaft, the piece of stiff "wire" that connects to the piece with the set screw and the latch at the bottom, and the spring that connects to the stiff "wire" and the hinge pin for the tilt/run mechanism.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Try shop.evinrude.com and look up your mtr. They have some good parts diagrams which may help.

rkosior

Recruit

there should be three pieces, the part with the set screw that connects to the tilt run knob shaft, the piece of stiff "wire" that connects to the piece with the set screw and the latch at the bottom, and the spring that connects to the stiff "wire" and the hinge pin for the tilt/run mechanism.

Thanks. I was able to connect all of the parts. I found a manual for the motor online which also helped describe how the tilt mechanism works.