Johnson 200 Venom 1997

coal duster

Seaman Apprentice
Lower unit drain plugs please help..
I have three drain plugs bottom, mid, upper the bottom and upper are the same. The middle one is longer and thinner and has a rubber seal o-ring that fits up in the head of it. Can anyone tell me where to find the odd one at (middle one) and the seal that fits it ? and are they a flat washer that goes over top of the o-ring
thanks in advance

OutOfControl

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Johnson 200 Venom 1997

coal,
I believe you should only have 2 plugs on your lower unit one at the bottom and another near the top. If I am not mistaken the middle one that you referenced has something to do with the internal position of the shift rod. Do not remove this screw/plug, from what I understand they can be difficult to realign without removing the lower unit.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Don't take the middle one out as it's not necessary. It's a retainer for the pinion gear bearing. Get a new seal for it and put it back in before running. All you have to do is remove the slotted screws.

coal duster

Seaman Apprentice

Don't take the middle one out as it's not necessary. It's a retainer for the pinion gear bearing. Get a new seal for it and put it back in before running. All you have to do is remove the slotted screws.

Thanks for the reply, will any o ring work? The other one had a tear in it, and I removed and trashed. can I order a replacement screw and seal

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Did you find this screw underneath your water pick up screens ?? A picture would also help.